Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Smurfette


Evidently I'm one of the few people who actually know what a Smurf, let alone a Smurfette is. People all night asked me if I was from the Blue Man Group. Do I look BALD and Male? Another gentleman, if he can be called that, asked me if I was a "blue ball sperm". OK that was original. I guess even in my own age group the smurfs were on so long ago that people have long forgotten their story. It's a sad commentary actually on our age group. Our short term and even long term memories have started to fail us. It's a known fact that the white matter in the brain starts to deteriorate from about the age of 40+. I myself had an MRI that showed just that. Depressing.
More depressing, I did not win the costume contest. Heck I was not even selected to be IN the contest. The three finalists were: A witch (OK tell me what's original about THAT?), Uncle Sam, and a gypsy. I should have just worn my belly dance costume. Would have saved me a lot of time and I wouldn't still be cleaning up all the blue paint off my car and floor!

1 comment:

Nancy Lewis said...

Too bad no one knew who you were. I'm anxiously awaiting the new Smurf movie:

http://bluebuddies.com/smurf_movie.htm