Friday, October 3, 2008

musical chairs


A friend aptly named the continual reorganization and shuffles we have at my company "musical chairs." Indeed that is exactly about how much control I have over my career and assurance that I have a chair or position. Seems like about every 6 months someone plays music that we're all supposed to recognize and jump up to play the game. Last week I had a chair. Next week it appears that the game's outcome is already known, and alas again I will have a chair. Perhaps a different chair, but I am guaranteed that a chair will be reserved for me. This morning more news hit the fan as more mergers are announced, thus insuring that we will play this game hundreds more times before we are fully integrated with the new company. The music may change, the players may change, but one thing is for sure, we will always be fighting for a chair.

1 comment:

Nancy Lewis said...

Isn't corporate life great?