Wednesday, December 3, 2008

To BEE or not to BEE?

I love bees. They are amazing little creatures that polinate so many flowers/plants. It's very sad that they are becoming more and more difficult to find as they lose their habitat and are being wiped off the planet. I discovered when I was in New Zealand about 5 years ago that they make the most wonderful healthful honey called Manuka. It's like a miracle drug. You can use it to heal wounds, cure indigestion, and cure a sore throat. I had forgotten about it until recently when I was searching my cabinets for cough syrup. I found the honey. That's all I needed. That honey works better than any cough medicine out there. I also rediscovered my Propolis drops, which is know as "natures best defence." Honeybees gather the resign from NZ trees and carry it to the hive where they mix with with enymes and beeswax to make propolis...another wonder drug...although if you are allergic to bee stings, probably shouldn't be eating it!

No comments: